It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. increased participation in competitive sport
Please click the link below to see how we are using our funding to achieve these points:
Sports Premium 16-17
We have spent a large amount of our finding on laying a path that links the playground to the trim trail, creating a large circuit. This enables running club and morning running to take place on days when the field is wet or muddy. We have also used the path to support Balanceability, giving children opportunities to ride the bikes round the path, a challenge to control the bike on uneven terrain.
Having spoken to staff about the INSET, it was agreed that it would be most beneficial if it focused on Striking and Fielding. We therefore arranged a staff meeting that supported us with this unit. As a result of this, not only are staff more confident delivering striking and fielding lessons, but we were able to edit and improve our striking and fielding plans with ideas from the meeting.
Some of the premium money has been used for lesson cover when taking teams to competitions. This has allowed us to participate in 3 competitions this year, each time taking a different group of children ranging in age and physical ability.