St James' CE Aided Infant School admissions criteria
St James' CE (Aided) Infant School has 90 places in Reception for new admissions (our Published Standard Number). These places will be allocated by Kent County Council in accordance with the following criteria (in order of priority)
1. Children in Local Authority Care
2. Children who physically reside within the catchment area
3. Children who have a parent/foster parent/guardian who is a practising member of
St James' Church
4. Children who have a brother or sister at the Infant School at the time of admission
5. Children who have a brother or sister at the Junior School at the time of admission
6. Children who have a parent/foster parent/guardian who is a practising member of
local Church that is a member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or the
7. All other children
All applicants must complete the School's own Supplementary Information Form (which can be downloaded below) and the Kent County Council RCAF form.
Kent County Council encourages parents to apply online.
Reception Admissions 2018
The applications process for Reception places for September 2018 opens on Monday 6 November 2017.
If your child was born between 1st September 2013 and 31st August 2014 you need to apply using the online application process and following the link below. Applications close on 15th January 2018.
You will also need to complete the school’s Supplementary Information Form that can be collected from the school office or downloaded from the school website.
Year 3 Admissions 2018
If your child is now in Year 2 you need to apply for a place for a place at St James’ Junior School.
Please follow the link below to do this.
Applications close on 15th January 2018.
Please complete the school's supplementary information form (SIF) below if you wish to apply for a place at the school.
Important information about the admissions process:
Please note the dates below
•Waiting List requests and Late applications by 14 May
•Places to be accepted or refused by 14 May
•Appeals “on time” until 16 May
•Vacant places reallocated by KCC 15 June