ST JAMES' CE (AIDED) INFANT SCHOOL ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
St James' CE (Aided) Infant School has 90 places in Reception for new admissions (our Published Standard Number). These places will be allocated by Kent County Council in accordance with the following criteria (in order of priority)
1. Children in Local Authority Care
2. Children who physically reside within the catchment area
3. Children who have a parent/foster parent/guardian who is a practising member of
St James' Church
4. Children who have a brother or sister at the Infant School at the time of admission
5. Children who have a brother or sister at the Junior School at the time of admission
6. Children who have a parent/foster parent/guardian who is a practising member of
local Church that is a member of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland or the
7. All other children
All applicants must complete the School's own Supplementary Information Form (SIF) (which can be downloaded below) and the Kent County Council RCAF form.
Kent County Council encourages parents to apply online.
RECEPTION ADMISSIONS 2018
All the applications for Receptions 2018 have now been offered and the process for applying for a reception place in September 2019 will begin again in November 2018.
Please complete the school's supplementary information form (SIF) below if you wish to apply for a place at the school.
If you are looking to transfer your child from another primary school, please complete an In-Year admissions form available from Kent County Council and submit this directly to the school. St James' Infant School along with Kent County Council will apply the same standard admissions criteria for in year applications.
Please note we are an oversubscribed school and waiting lists are in place for all our year groups.
Important information about the admissions process:
Please note the dates below
•Waiting List requests and Late applications by 14 May
•Places to be accepted or refused by 14 May
•Appeals “on time” until 16 May
•Vacant places reallocated by KCC 15 June